TTT40 - The Forces of Good & Evil
|Main Page||The Third Testament||TTT40 - The Forces of Good & Evil||←||Chapter||→|
THE THIRD TESTAMENT, Revelations of Jesus Christ
Chapter 40 - The Forces of Good & Evil
The Origin of Good and Evil
Thus saith the Lord:
1. Upon forming you, the Father placed you on the first step of the ladder, so that, as you travelled that road, you would have the opportunity to truly know and understand your Creator. Yet only few began the journey of ascent from the first step. Most gathered in disobedience and rebellion, making poor use of the gift of freedom and ignoring the dictates of the conscience; they allowed themselves to be dominated by the material, in order to create a force through their vibrancies; the force of evil, digging an abyss, into which their influence dragged their brothers; they began a desperate battle between their weaknesses and perversities, and their yearning for elevation and purity. (35, 38)
2. The original sin did not spring from the union of man and woman: I, the Creator, established that union, telling them both: "Grow and multiply." That was the first Law; the sin originated in their abuse of the gift of free will. (99, 62)
3. The flesh fears the struggle with the spirit, and seeks a way to tempt it with the pleasures of the world, to impede its freedom, or at least to postpone it. See how man carries his own tempter within him, that is why I have said, that when he can manage to overcome himself, he will have won the battle. (97, 37)
4. In this time, when even the air, the soil, and the water are poisoned by the evils of men, how few there are who will not let themselves be contaminated by evil or darkness. (144, 44)
5. The clamor of humanity comes to Me; the anguish of children and young people, of men and women of mature age, and even of the elderly, rises up to Me; it is a voice that calls for justice, it is an invocation of peace and mercy that the spirit utters, because the seed of love in this world has been lost. Do you know where that love is now? In the depths of the human heart, buried so deep that he cannot find it, because hatred, ambitions, science, and vanity have drowned the seed, and there is no spirituality or mercy. The cup of bitterness continues to be filled, and the world drinks of it, to the very dregs at the bottom. (218, 12)
6. From altar to altar, from rite to rite, from sect to sect, men go in search of the Bread of Life, without finding it. Faced with disappointment, they become blasphemers, walking aimlessly along the roads and living without God, without law.
7. But remember, My people, among them are the great spirits, for among them I discover the prophets and the disciples of the Holy Spirit! (217, 49)
8. The men of denominations accept the power of evil, personifying it in human form; they have given it various names, and attribute a powerful kingdom to it. Men feel fear when they think it near, not knowing that the temptation lies within their own passions and weaknesses, so that both good and evil are active inside men.
9. Evil predominates in the world during this time; it has created a strength, a power, that is made manifest in all, even in the spiritual, for there are legions of imperfect and troubled spirits inclined to evil and vengeance, whose strength is joined with human wickedness, creating the kingdom of evil.
10. This is the power that rebelled against Jesus in the Second Era and showed him its kingdom. My flesh, sensitive to all, was tempted, but My spiritual strength overcame the temptation, because I had to be the victor over the world, the flesh, temptation, and even death, for I was the Master who came to live among men, to give them an example of strength. (182, 42 – 43)
11. You can recognize My presence by the peace you feel in your spirit. No one but I can give you true peace; a spirit of darkness could not give it to you. I tell you this because many hearts fear the subterfuges of a tempting spirit that men have given life and form, according to their imaginations.
12. How erroneously the existence of the prince of darkness has been interpreted! How many have come to believe more in his power than in mine? And how far from truth men travel in this belief.
13. Evil exists; from it, all vices and sins have proceeded. The sinners, or rather those who practice evil, have always existed on earth, just as in other worlds or dwelling places. Yet, why personify all existing evil in one being, and why do you have it confront the Divinity? I ask you: What is an impure being compared to My absolute and infinite power, and what does your sin mean to My perfection?
14. Sin was not born in the world; upon springing forth from God, some of the spirits remained on the side of good, while others, deviating from that path, created another; a path of evil.
15. The words and parables that were given to you in a figurative sense as revelations in earlier times, have been erroneously interpreted by humanity. The intuition that men had about the supernatural was influenced by their imagination, and eventually, sciences, cults, superstitions, and Myths were formed around the force of evil, all of which has survived to this day.
16. Demons cannot spring from God; they were forged by your mind. The concept you have of that being which you place as My adversary at every step, is false.
17. I have taught you to watch and pray, to free yourselves from evil temptations and influences, which may arise from human beings just as from spiritual ones.
18. I have told you to superordinate the spirit over the flesh, for the latter is a fragile creature who is in danger of stumbling at every step, if you do not watch over it. The heart, the mind, and the senses are the open door for the passions of the world to chasten the spirit.
19. If you have imagined the beings of darkness to be monsters, then I see them only as imperfect creatures, to whom I offer My hand to rescue them, for they too are My children. (114, 54 – 62)
20. Whenever you do good, you say: "I am noble, I am generous, I am charitable, that is why I do this." I tell you: If you did these works in the name of the Lord, you would indeed be humble, for the goodness originates in God, and He has bestowed it upon your spirit.
21. Therefore, whosoever attributes his good works to his own human heart is denying his own spirit, as well as He who provided it in such virtues.
22. In contrast, when you do something evil, you wash your hands like Pilate, and attribute the deed to the Father, saying: "It was the will of God; it was written. God wished it so; it is fate."
23. You say that nothing happens without the will of God to excuse yourself for your errors. Yet truly, I say to you, that you are wrong, for your errors and your pettiness do happen without the will of God.
24. Do you see how the Omnipotent one never imposes himself on you by force, through his power? No, that is what you do with your weaker brothers.
25. Truly, I say to you: The evil, impurity, and lack of harmony are yours; the love, patience, and serenity are God's.
26. Whenever you love, it is the Creator of your spirit who inspires you; but when you hate, it is you yourselves, your weakness, that impels and, in the end, ruins you. Whenever something bad happens in your life, you may be sure that it is of your own making.
27. Then you ask: "Why does God allow this? Does He not suffer for our sins? Does He weep upon seeing us weep? What would it cost Him to save us from these falls?"
28. I tell you this: As long as you will not love, God will be something you cannot understand, for the magnanimity of your Creator is beyond your comprehension.
29. Beomce strong, great, and wise; learn to love. When you love, you will not have the infantile tendency to analyze God, for then you shall behold and feel Him, and that will satisfy you. (248, 29 – 32)
Arrogance and Humility
30. Make of humility one of your greatest allies, to achieve spiritual elevation, for the gates of Heaven, which is the kingdom of the spirit, are completely closed to the arrogant. They have never passed those gates, and they never will be able to. However, when the arrogant become humble, I shall be the first to praise them, and it shall be My mercy that opens the gates of eternity for them. (89, 45)
31. Now follows another one of My lessons, disciples; Truly, I say to you, that when you believe yourselves to be strong, great, or exalted, you distance yourselves from Me, for your pride drowns the feeling of humility; but when you consider yourselves small, when you recognize that you are atoms in the midst of My creation, then you grow closer to Me, for in your humility, you admire Me, love Me, and feel Me close. Then you think of all that is great and unfathomable, contained within God, all mof which you desire to know and understand. It seems to you as if you were hearing the echo of Divine whispering in your spirit. (248, 22)
32. Disciples, when man has a true understanding of the works he has performed, then he will not allow himself to be blinded by vanity. He knows that if that ignoble sentiment enters his being, his intelligence will be clouded and he will not be able to advance on the path of development; he will become stagnant and succumb to lethargy.
33. Vanity has ruined many men, toppled many flourishing nations, and brought your cultures low.
34. While those peoples held work, competence, and progress as their ideals, they knew abundance, splendor, and wellbeing, but when pride led them to feel superior, when their ideal of elevation was exchanged for the insatiable ambition to keep everything for themselves. Without wishing to or realizing it, one step after another, they began to destroy all they had built, eventually flinging themselves into the abyss.
35. The history of humanity is full of such occurrences. For that reason I tell you, that it is right for a people of great ideals to arise in the world, who, while always being conscious of their good works, do not become vain because of them. This way their progress will not be halted, and the splendor that was already achieved will only be surpassed tomorrow, and it will continue to grow in the future.
36. Speaking to you in this way, I do not seek to inspire only material ambitions in you; I wish for My words to be interpreted justly, so you will know how to apply them to the spiritual, as well as to the material.
37. Vanity does not afflict men only in their material lives. As proof of what I tell you, look at the falls and failures of the great denominations, rotten at base by their vanity, arrogance, and false exaltation. When they believed themselves to be at the height of their power, someone had come to awaken them from their slumber, making them see their errors, deviations, and how they distanced themselves from the Law and the truth.
38. Only through true knowledge, compliance with My Law, and faced with the conscience can humanity arise to an elevated life; for the conscience, which is My light, is perfect, serene, and just; and it shall never be vain nor lose its way. (295, 18 – 24)
The Good; the Man of Good Will
39. Get to know Me, all of you, so that none may deny Me; recognize Me, so that your concept of God is founded on truth, so you may know that wherever goodness is manifested, there I am.
40. Good cannot be confused with anything. Good is truth, love, mercy, and understanding. Good is clearly discernable and unmistakable. Recognize it, so you will not err.
41. Each man may travel along a different road; but if all of them meet at the same point, which is goodness, then they will come to identify one another and unite.
42. But this will not happen when they try to deceive themselves, masking the good with a veil of evil, and disguising the evil as something good, as is the case among men of this time. (329, 45 – 47)
43. For nearly 2000 years you have repeated that phrase which the shepherds of Bethlehem heard: "Peace on earth to men of good will", but when have you ever put your good will into practice, to make yourselves worthy of peace? Truly, I say to you, you have rather done the opposite.
44. You have lost the right to repeat that phrase, that is why I have come today with new words and lessons, so that it will not be the phrases or prayers that will be engraved in your mind, but the essence of My teaching, which will penetrate your hearts and spirits.
45. If you wish to repeat My words as I have come to reveal them to you, you may do so; but keep this in mind: for as long as you do not feel them, they will contain no virtue whatsoever. Pronounce them with gentleness and humility, feel them vibrating within your heart, and I will answer you in such a manner that your whole being tremble. (24, 33 – 34)
46. I say once more: Peace to men of good will, those who love truth, because they do something to adhere to the Divine will, and those who take refuge in My protection must necessarily feel My presence in their human lives, as well as their spirits, struggles, needs, and trials.
47. The men of good will are children, obeying the Law of their Father; they walk on the right path, and when they suffer greatly, they raise their spirits to Me, desiring forgiveness and peace.
48. They know that, many times, pain is necessary, and thus they endure it with patience. Only when it becomes unbearable do they beg for the weight of their cross to be alleviated. "Lord", they say to Me, "I know that my spirit requires purification and suffering in order to develop. You know better than I what I need. You cannot give me anything that I do not need. As such, may Your will be done for me."
49. Blessed are those who think and pray in this way, for they seek the example of their Master, to apply it to the trials of their lives. (258, 52 – 55)
Evil: Man in the Service of Evil
50. In this period the influence of evil is greater than that of good. Therefore, the force which dominates humanity is that of evil, from which selfishness, deceit, lust, pride, pleasure in causing injury, destruction, and all low passions are derived. The illnesses which torment man originate from that moral imbalance.
51. Men do not have the weapons to fight against those forces, they have been conquered and taken prisoner to the abyss of a life without spiritual light, without true happiness, without aspirations towards good.
52. In this very moment man believes himself to be at the peak of knowledge, and he does not realize that he dwells in the abyss.
53. I, who know your beginning and your future in eternity, have given mankind weapons to battle the forces of evil since the First Era, but they have rejected them and preferred a battle of evil against evil, in which no one triumphs, for in the end, all will be defeated.
54. It is written that evil shall not prevail, which means that, at the end of times, it shall be the good which triumphs.
55. If you ask me what the weapons with which I endowed humanity are, the weapons to fight against the forces and influences of evil, I will tell you that they are prayer, perseverance in the law, faith in My Word, and love for one another. (40, 65 – 70)
56. Evil has grown among men, My people. Kindness, virtue, and love have been powerless against the invasion of evil, illness, plagues, pests, and calamities. All that is the foundation of the perverse, and it has contaminated the hearts of the good; it has weakened some and decimated the ranks of the faithful, because evil has exercised great power over humanity.
57. I have allowed all this to happen, for the sake of the free will I endowed you with, for behind all the perversity, darkness and obfuscation of men, there is a divine light, the conscience, which is not lost, and never shall be. There is an essence, which is the spirit, and it keeps the kiss the Father gave it immaculate. This kiss is the divine seal with which I sent all My children onto the path of the struggle, and because of that mark, none of those spirits will be lost. (345, 11 – 12)
The Struggle between Good and Evil
58. You too have been shocked by the violence of evil that men and women have manifested throughout the various periods of your human life. Your history books have gathered their names. In the book of your existence, in the book where God writes down all of your deeds, all your works, there too are their names, and you have been astonished that a spirit, a human heart, can shelter such a force for evil and contain enough strength not to tremble before its own deeds, and that it can even silence the voice of its conscience, so as not to hear the reckoning call that God makes to all of His children through it. And how many times has the journey of such spirits on this planet been long and tedious!
59. Those men who, due to their free will, have rebelled against My love and justice, I used and availed Myself of their very disobedience to make them My servants; and thinking they were acting freely, all their thoughts, words and deeds were an instrument of My justice, both in relation to themselves and to others.
60. But when will this reign end? The Father tells you: The kingdom of evil has never ruled mankind in the first place, for even in the times of greatest perversity there have been those faithful to Me, obedient to My teaching, and apostles to My law; but the struggle has existed since the beginning.
61. Which of those two forces has been superior in the struggle up until now? The force of evil! That is why I had to materialize Myself among you, to help revive your hope and faith in Me, and to bring warmth to your hearts, saying: "You are not alone on the path, I have never lied to you. You must not twist the principles I have placed within you. This is the path of goodness and love." (345, 48 – 49)
62. Behold how My light has torn apart the mist of your world. It is true that I come to combat men, but only to wipe away all the evil that lives within their hearts. I shall place the light and the strength of My love in those who faithfully follow Me, and these shall then say: "Let us seek the dragon that besets us, the beast that induces us to sin and offend the Lord." They shall seek it in the seas and in the desert, on the mountains and in the jungles, even in the invisible. But they shall not find it, for it lives in the hearts of men, the hearts of those who have created it in the first place, and therein it has grown until it has dominated the earth.
63. When the glare of My sword of light wounds the hearts of each and every man, the strength that proceeds from evil will be weakened, until it eventually expires, and then you shall say: "Lord, with the divine strength of Your mercy I have defeated the dragon, that which I believed beset me from the invisible, never realizing that I carried it within my own heart."
64. Once wisdom shines within all men, who will dare to twist good into evil? Who would trade the eternal for the ephemeral? Truly, I say to you: None would do this, because all will be strengthened in the divine wisdom. Sin is simply a result of ignorance and weakness. (160, 51 – 54)
Temptations and Seductions
65. Humanity cultivates many trees; the hunger and misery of men leads them to seek the trees' shade and fruits, which offer salvation, justice or peace. Those trees are the doctrines of men, many times inspired by hatred, selfishness, ambition, and delusions of grandeur. Their fruits are of death, blood, destruction, and the defilement of what is most sacred in the life of men, which is the freedom to believe, think, and speak. In other words, he is deprived of the freedom of the spirit. Such are the forces of darkness that arise to struggle against the light. (113, 52 – 53)
66. I have told you, beloved Israel, that the time shall come when the false spokesmen arise to give the false Jesus access, and within their materialism, they will deceive, saying that through them, the Master speaks. False leaders, false prophets, and false soldiers will arise, and with their word and their materialistic ambitions they will seek to dissuade you from the road of light and truth. (346, 38)
67. Pray, realize that this is the time in which My justice and My light have riled all forces darkness. This is a difficult time, full of dangers, for even the beings that inhabit the darkness shall pass themselves off as beings of light among you, to tempt and confuse you. I give you My light, so that you may not deviate from the road and be deceived by those who abuse My name.
68. The tempters are not only invisible beings, there are also those incarnated in men, speaking of lessons that feign to be of the light, but are in contradiction to My doctrine. Do not listen to these. (132, 7 – 8)
69. My kingdom is strong and powerful, and if I permitted another force to confront My power and might, namely that of evil, it is merely to demonstrate My own, so that you may behold and feel the strength of light and truth in the face of the imposter and the darkness. It is so you can see that the kingdom of darkness, obliquities and temptations, while indeed possessing great power, is merely an instrument of Mine, and I truly make use of it.
70. If I test you, it is not to stop you on the path of development, because I do await your arrival in My kingdom; however, I wish you to arrive victorious after the battles, strong after the struggle, full of the light of spiritual experience after the long pilgrimage, and rife with merits of the spirit, so that you may humbly raise your face and behold the Father as he approaches, to bestow upon you His divine kiss, a kiss that contains all the happiness and perfections for your spirit. (327, 8 – 9)
71. Humanity, humanity, bumping against one another! I find you denying your iniquity and boasting abour what you believe to be your greatness, all the while concealing your blemishes. But I tell you that the man who thinks himself praiseworthy in his apparent greatness, is poor in spirit. And to those who, lacking virtues, slander others for their shortcomings and judging their faults, I must say that they are hypocrites, and they far away from justice and truth.
72. Not only those who take the life of the body commit murder, but also those who destroy the heart with defamation. Those who kill the sentiments of the heart, faith, and ideals, are assassins of the spirit, and how many of these go freely, without prison or chains.
73. Do not be surprised that I speak to you in this way, for I see among you destroyed homes, because, while neglecting your duties there, you have created new obligations outside of them, without considering the pain and abandonment of your own people. Look around you, how many homes have been destroyed, how many women have given into vice, and how many children go without a father? How could tenderness and love ever exist in those hearts? Do you not believe that he who has caused the death of the happiness of those people, and has destroyed that which is sacred, is a criminal?
74. You have become so accustomed to evil that you even call the people who invent new weapons of death great, because they have the ability to destroy millions of lives in an instant. You even call them scholars. What is your reasoning? One can only be great through the spirit, and only he who walks in the road of truth is wise. (235, 36 – 39)
The Impotence and Fleetingness of Evil
75. Human perversity has reached astronomical levels in your eyes, and the power of evil exercised by men appears terrible to you. Nevertheless, I say to you that those things are feeble when compared to the power of My justice and divinity, which is the master of destiny, life, death, and of all creation. (54, 70)
76. Only a being omnipotent like Myself could contend with Me; however, do you believe that if a God would emerge from Me, He would be against Me? Or rather, do you believe that He can emerge from nothing? Nothing can emerge from nothing.
77. I am All, and I was never born. I am the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and the Omega of everything created.
78. Can you imagine one of the beings created by Me becoming My equal? All creatures have a limit, and to be God, it is necessary to not have any limits at all. He who has harbored those dreams of power and greatness has fallen into the darkness of his own arrogance. (73, 34 – 35)
79. Truly, I say to you, that there is no power strong enough to oppose My love. My enemies and rivalling forces are pathetic and weak, and the weapons that have attempted to oppose truth and justice have always been fragile.
80. The battle between the forces of evil and the divine justice appeared to be an everlasting one, but nevertheless, in comparison to eternity, the battle will seem like an instant; and the faults committed by your spirits during its time of imperfection, will eventually become insignificant stains that will be erased forever by your virtues and My loving justice. (179, 12 – 13)
The Power of Forgiveness
81. Humanity, I ask all of you, as I take this people as your representatives: When will you inwardly elevate yourselves, to love one another and forgive each other your offenses? When will there finally be peace on your planet?
82. The forgiveness that springs forth from love is taught by My Doctrine alone, and it possesses a powerful force for converting, regenerating, and transforming evil into good, and the sinner into a virtuous person.
83. Learn to forgive, and you will see the beginning of peace in your world. Even if you must forgive one another a thousand times, so it shall be. Do you not realize that an opportune reconciliation saves you from partaking of the cup of bitterness? (238, 12 – 14)
84. As long as you are human, remember Me on the cross, forgiving, blessing, and healing My executioners, so that you, on your difficult life journey, may bless those who have offended you as well, and do everything good for those who have deeply wronged you. Whoever acts in this way shall be My disciple, and truly, I say to you, his pain will always be brief, for I will make him feel My strength in the moments of his trials. (263, 56)
85. Forgive one another, and in this you shall find relief for yourselves and for He who has offended you. Do not carry the weight of hatred or rancor within your spirit; be of a pure heart, and you will have found the secret of peace and will live as apostles of My truth. (243, 63)
|Main Page||The Third Testament||TTT40 - The Forces of Good & Evil||←||Chapter||→|