TTT42 - Guilt & Penitence - Trials & Suffering
|Main Page||The Third Testament||TTT42 - Guilt & Penitence - Trials & Suffering||←||Chapter||→|
THE THIRD TESTAMENT, Revelations of Jesus Christ
Chapter 42 - Guilt & Penitence - Trials & Suffering
The Need for Repentance and Atonement
Thus saith the Lord:
1. If many times I permit you to drain the same cup that you gave to your brethren, it is because there are some who only in this way realize the wrong they caused and by experiencing the same ordeal which they caused to others, they will become aware of the pain they provoked; this will give light to their spirit and bring understanding, repentance and, therefore, fulfillment of My Law.
2. But if you wish to pass through the pain without draining the cup of bitterness, you may do so: by paying your debt with repentance, good works, and all that your conscience tells you that you must do. In this way you may pay a debt of love, and return an honor, a life, or the peace, health, and joy, or the bread that you may have stolen from your brothers.
3. Observe how different is the reality of My justice from that idea that you have formed of your Father.
4. Do not forget that if I have come to tell you that none of you will be lost; it is also true that I have said that every debt must be settled and every fault erased from the Book of Life. It is up to you to choose the path to Me. Free will is still yours.
5. If you prefer the law of retaliation of ancient times, as is still practiced by men from their proud nations, behold its results.
6. If you want the measure with which you judge your brethren also used against you, do not even wait for your entry into the other existence to receive My justice, for here when you least expect it, you will find yourself in the same difficulty in which you placed your fellowmen.
7. But if you want a more elevated Law to come to your aid, not only to spare you from suffering, which is what you fear most, but also to inspire in you noble thoughts and good sentiments, pray, call Me, and proceed along your path to struggle to be better each time, to be stronger in your ordeals, or in short, to settle with love the debt that you have with your Father and with your fellowmen. (16, 53 – 59)
8. Someone usually asks Me: Master, if you forgive our faults, why do you allow us to cleanse them through suffering? To this I answer: I forgive you, but it is necessary for you to correct those faults in order for you to give back to your spirit its purity. (64, 14)
9. I have told you that every last stain shall be cleansed from the hearts of men, yet, I tell you also, that it will be each one of you who must cleanse himself of his own stains. Remember that I have told you: “With the measure you use, you shall be measured,” and “Whatever a man sows, that shall He also reap.” (150, 47)
10. Of the material offerings which mankind offers Me, I only receive the good intention, when it is truly good, for an offering does not always represent a noble and elevated intention. There are many times when men present me their offerings in order to cover up their wickedness or to demand something in return. That is why I tell you that the gift of peace for the spirit cannot be purchased and its stains can not be cleansed with material wealth, even if you could offer me the greatest of material treasures.
11. When men offer me true repentance, sorrow for having offended me, regeneration, correction of their ways, restitution for faults committed, all with the humility that I have taught you, then indeed are men presenting me the true offerings of the heart, of the spirit, and of the mind, which are infinitely more pleasing to your Father than incense, flowers and candles. (36, 27 – 28)
The Law of Atonement
12. You have had one opportunity after another to understand My infinite love for you. I have granted you spiritual gifts and given you the opportunity to correct your mistakes and to purify and perfect your spirit rather than condemning you eternally, as you previously believed.
13. Who, of those who know these teachings and have faith that they contain truth, would dare deviate from his mission in the world, knowing that He is thereby preparing an even more difficult restitution for his spirit.
14. For if it is true that My justice offers you new opportunities to cleanse your stains and repair mistakes, it is also true that each opportunity increases the number of tests, and that the work and suffering are more intense each time, just as are the mistakes.
15. Your duty, so as not to speak of punishment, shall be to repair, to restore, and to repay even the last of your debts. No one, not your Celestial Father nor your brothers on earth and in the spiritual valley will do what you alone must do. Yet, I must tell you that I will always come to your call; that when you see yourselves as alone or abandoned, you will feel My presence; and that the spiritual world will always come to help you with the weight of your cross. (289, 45 – 47)
16. Only My love and justice may now shelter those who hunger and thirst for them. Only I know how to receive into My perfect justice those who make attempts against their own existence.
17. If you knew that the loneliness of the spirit is more terrible than loneliness of this world, you would await the last day of your existence with patience and fortitude. (165, 73 – 74)
18. I do not destroy any of My children no matter how they offend Me, I protect them and give them the opportunity to correct their faults and return to the road that they abandoned. Yet, in spite of the fact that I have absolved them, they shall reap the fruits of their works, and it is these works that shall judge them and point out to them the straight road. (96, 55)
The Reason for Trials and Sufferings
19. Know yourselves. I have beheld the existence of mankind of all the eras, and I know what has been the cause of all its sufferings and misfortunes.
20. Since the first times I have seen men taking their lives because of greed, materialism and lust for power; they have always neglected their spirit, believing themselves only flesh, and when the time has come to leave their human form on earth, only what they did in their physical life remained, without gathering any glory for the spirit because they did not seek it; they did not think about it, nor were they concerned with the virtues of the spirit or its knowledge. They were satisfied in living without seeking the pathway which leads them to God. (11, 42 – 43)
21. Now, in spite of the advancement of your civilization, you have grown more and more distant from Nature, as well as from the spiritual, from what is pure, from what pertains to God; that is why during each stage of your existence you have fallen into greater weakness, into greater bitterness in spite of your wishes to be stronger and happier each passing day that you live on earth; but you will take a step toward the fulfillment of My Law, O inhabitants of the world! (16, 35) from your lethargy, I dry your tears and I give you new opportunities so you may recuperate the lost light and find the forgotten path of My Law again.
22. The ordeals which you encounter along your path, have not happened by chance, I have allowed them so that you can earn merits. The leaf of a tree does not move without My will, and I am within the great works of Creation as well as the lesser ones.
23. Be watchful and pray so that you will understand what fruit you should gather from each ordeal in order for your purification to be shortened. Carry your cross with love and I will make it possible for you to endure your restitution with patience. (25, 6)
24. If in the midst of laughter, enjoyments and vanities, men forget and even deny Me, why are they fearful and tremble when they are reaping the harvest of tears which torment their spirit and body? Then they blaspheme saying that God does not exist.
25. Man is bold to sin, and determined to deviate from the path of My Law; but I assure you that He is very much a coward when it concerns making restitution and settling his accounts. Nevertheless, I strengthen you amidst your cowardice, I protect you in your weakness, I awaken you
26. I have come to bring you, as in the Second Era, the bread and wine of life, the same for the spirit as for the body, so that you may live in harmony with everything created by your Father.
27. In My pathways the virtues are blooming, on the other hand, yours are covered with thorns, pitfalls and bitterness.
28. He who says that the paths of the Lord are filled with thorns, does not know what He says, because I have not created pain for any of My children; but those who have withdrawn from the path of light and peace, once they return to it, must suffer the consequences of their faults.
29. Why did you drink that cup of bitterness? Why did you forget the mandate of the Lord, as well as the mission which I entrusted to you? Because you substituted My Law for yours, and there you have the results of your vain knowledge: bitterness, war, fanaticism, disappointment and lies which suffocate you and fill you with desperation. And the most painful thing for the materialistic man, for the one who submits everything to his figuring and subjects it to the material laws of this world, is that after this existence He still will find himself carrying the burden of his errors and of his inclinations. Then the suffering of your spirit will be very great.
30. Rid yourselves here of your burden of sins, comply with My Law and come quickly. Ask forgiveness of everyone whom you have offended and leave the rest to Me, for the time you have for loving will be brief if you truly decide to do it. (17, 37 – 43)
31. Come to Me, all you who carry hidden pain in your heart. Concealed, you bear the pain that betrayal has caused you, and your bitterness is great because some much loved person has deeply wounded you.
32. Come to meditate, so that prayer may enlighten you, and so that you may know if at some time you were the cause of your own betrayal; then prayer shall serve to strengthen you in the idea that you must forgive those who betrayed your love, your faith, and your trust.
33. In truth I tell you, that in the very instant that you award forgiveness to those who have offended, in all its fullness you will feel My peace, for in that moment your spirit will have united with Mine, and I shall extend My mantle to forgive and cover one and all with My love. (312, 49 – 51)
34. Truly, the Master tells you: I have prepared a Kingdom of peace and perfection for all spirits, yet, that Kingdom that I have prepared is opposed by another kingdom: the world. If My realm is reached by means of humility, love, and virtue; to possess the other kingdom requires pride, ambition, arrogance, greed, selfishness, and evil.
35. The world has opposed My Kingdom in all times. Those who follow Me have been harassed on the road, and tempted, whether by visible influences or by invisible powers in every era.
36. This is not the only time you have walked over thorns to reach Me, not the first time your spirit has stumbled forward to reach My presence; in every epoch you have fought the battle in the deepest reaches of your being.
37. The inspiration of My Spirit, illuminating your inner being has declared battle with the darkness, with the false lights, the false virtues, with the material, with all that is superfluous, and with all the false greatness of this world. (327, 3)
38. The pain that for My sake you have accepted, I bless and sanctify, because all that you suffer for My cause dignifies you eternally. (338, 61)
Faith, Conformity, and Humility during the Trials
39. Human life is the crucible where one is purified and the anvil upon which one is formed. It is indispensable for man to have an ideal in his spirit, faith in his Creator, and love for his destiny in order to carry his cross to the top of his Calvary.
40. Without faith in eternal life, man falls into desperation. Amidst the trials, without elevated ideals, He sinks into materialism, and without strength to withstand a disappointment, He gets lost in despair or vice.
41. I tell you to love your cross, for if you rebel upon being made to carry it, the pain will open a deep wound in your heart. I do love My cross, oh people. And do you know the name of My cross? You, oh humanity, whom I love so much, are My cross. (144, 20)
42. Faith, acceptance, and humility before that which I have disposed will make the journey shorter, for you do not walk the painful road more than once; but the trial is prolonged, if when faced with the trials, rebellion, non – acceptance, and blaspheMy arise. For you shall have to travel that road again until the lesson is learned. (139, 49)
43. I tell you that the trials prepared by man for himself in this Era are very great, for they are necessary for his salvation.
44. Through what is most loved by each man, eternal justice shall arrive at an accounting for the works of every human creature.
45. How important it is that humanity come to an understanding of what spiritual restitution means, so that realizing that the spirit has a past which only God knows, they accept with love, patience, respect, and even gladness, the cup of bitterness, knowing that through it they are cleansing past and present stains, paying debts, and gaining merits before the Law.
46. There shall be no elevation through pain that is not suffered with love, respect for My justice, and acceptance of what each one has brought upon himself; yet, that elevation in the midst of the trials can only be given to men through their understanding of the meaning of the Law of spiritual restitution. (352, 36 – 37 and 42 – 43)
The Significance of Suffering and Pain
47. If you believe that the trials of life occur by chance, it will be difficult for you to become strong. However, if you understand the true meaning of restitution, justice, and atonement, then your faith will help you to evolve spiritually, and conformity to triumph over your ordeals.
48. It pleases Me to test your spirit in various ways because I am shaping, modeling, and perfecting it; for that purpose I use all and everything; I take for My instrument equally the just and the unjust, and I serve My purpose with light, just as I convert darkness to My service. For that reason I tell you, that when you find yourself in difficult times, think in Me, in your Master, who with all love will explain to you the reason for the trial.
49. There are chalices from which everyone must drink, some later, some before, so that everyone comes to understand and love me. Misery, illness, slander, and dishonor are very bitter chalices from which many must drink, not only sinners. Remember that in the Second Era, Jesus, the most righteous of all human beings, drank the most bitter chalice of which you can conceive. The obedience, the humility, and the love with which one drinks the chalice of pain will lighten the cross and shorten the trial. (54, 4 – 6)
50. Everything that surrounds you tends to purify you, but not all have understood it that way. Do not allow the suffering that you endure in your cup of grief to be sterile. From pain you can extract light that is wisdom, meekness, fortitude and sensitivity. (81, 59)
51. Understand, disciples, that pain separates the evil fruits from your hearts, gives you experience, and makes your errors turn into successes.
52. Thus your Father tests you, with the aim that the light shine in your understanding. However, when you do not understand, and suffer pointlessly because you do not understand the meaning behind My wise lessons, your pain is sterile, and you do not make use of the lesson. (258, 57 – 58)
53. Men exclaim: “If there exists a God of mercy and love, then why must the good suffer for the bad, the righteous for the sinners?”
54. Truly I tell you, My children: Each man does not come to this world only for his own salvation, He is not an isolated individual, but forms part of a whole.
55. In the human body, does not a perfect and healthy organ suffer when the other organs are diseased?
56. This is a material comparison so that you may understand the relationship that each man has to others. The good must suffer for the evil, but the good are not completely innocent if they do not struggle for the spiritual advancement of their brothers. Nonetheless, as individuals, each has his own responsibility; and being part of My Spirit, and made in Its image, He possesses the will and intelligence necessary to assist the progress of all. (358, 18 – 19)
57. Interpret My teaching justly, do not think that My Spirit is pleased seeing your suffering on earth or that I have come to deprive you of all that is gratifying to you to enjoy it Myself. I come to make you recognize and respect My laws, for they are worthy of your respect and observance and because obeying them will bring you happiness and eternal peace.
58. I must tell you that as long as you inhabit the earth you should make an effort to make your existence here as amenable as possible, it is not necessary to weep, suffer, and bleed infinitely to merit peace in the beyond.
59. If you could transform this earth from a vale of tears to a world of happiness in which you loved one another and where you concered yourselves with practicing good and living within My Law, I tell you truly: that life would be yet more meritorious before Me than an existence full of suffering troubles and tears, no matter how accepting you were of the suffering. (219, 15 – 16)
60. Be thankful that no pain is lasting; your suffering is temporary and it will disappear very soon.
61. The time of atonement and purification is brief for He who sees his trials with spirituality, yet for those enveloped in materialism that which in truth passes quickly shall go slowly.
62. As the palpitations of your heart pass, in the same way does the life of men pass into infinity.
63. There is no reason to fear, for in the same way that one sighs, as one sheds a tear or utters a word, so will the suffering in man also disappear.
64. Within the infinite tenderness of God, all your pains and sorrows will have to vanish. (12, 5 – 9)
|Main Page||The Third Testament||TTT42 - Guilt & Penitence - Trials & Suffering||←||Chapter||→|